I skated endurance today! All was not perfect–I definitely felt myself compensating for my weak ankle during turnaround toe-stops (whoof, they were sloppy)–so I only skated the first hour, rather than teach my body bad habits.
- You know that irrational fear that, if you go for long enough without skating, you’ll just completely forget how to do it? I seriously wonder how long it takes to get over that.
- It feels really, really good to skate again. Shocking, I know. 😉
- Chest colds can go die in a fire. How is it that I still have crap in my lungs two weeks later?
- I joined the new Meaties for their own off-skates workout during 2nd hour, because they aren’t cleared to skate both hours yet. I love how motivated they are; it’s kind of adorable.
- It’s going to be a week or so, but I can’t wait for my new-to-me boots to be mounted on my DA45s. Those used 265s lovingly hug my feet in a way that my current boots just don’t.
- I sorely miss the wonderful beating that is the 2nd hour endurance. I’m making the sad face just thinking about it.
- That said, I’m kind of proud of myself for taking my own advice and easing back into things, rather than overdoing it on my first day back. I’m not so dumb, after all!