Life has been, well, pretty weird without the constant influx of derby-related happenings. It’s been two weeks since I’ve been to the Hangar, and SEVEN weeks since I’ve skated. I’m kind of starting to lose my mind.
Fortunately, running has come back into my life just in time to pull me back from the brink of insanity. I’ve only gone out a couple of times, but my ankle seems to be doing pretty well so far. Those muscles definitely need to get used to more activity, but my triumphant return to derby doesn’t seem so far off, anymore.
In the meantime, I’m throwing down some challenging stuff for January, to help get myself back into fighting shape:
- Go running at least 2x/week, work up to 3-4x/week as the ankle allows!
- Be a more devoted yogi. At least 1 yoga class a week, hopefully two.
- Find a new gym for myself and Boyfriend. Join it. Go to it regularly.
- Do ass-kicking circuit training DVD of choice at least 4x/week, and at least until a gym routine is established.
- Do anti-inflammatory cleanse diet (at Sprout!) to help with remaining injury healing and, well, getting rid of holiday handles.
- Mmmmaybe go gluten-free for an entire month, just to see what happens.
December was no less busy than usual, though, what with visiting family, learning more NSO positions, throwing a pretty stellar New Year’s get-together, and helping raise 936 POUNDS OF DONATED PET FOOD for local animal shelters. Yeah, I feel pretty awesome about that last one, in particular!
2012, you are going to rock. I can feel it.